[email protected] 15 messages HERCULES UNIVERSAL DJ CONTROLLER
Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 27/02/2018 23h50
Hi djuced 40 keeps crashing randomly,  tried on 2 different laptops.
Realized initially I did not install properly, did u install and removed directory as well. 

Both laptops were clean fresh windows installs,, library is 5000 songs.    Followed guide to change power management, no antivirus, no other running apps etc.   Let me know what u need from me and I will provide..    using universal dj
Success is attributed to how you push through failures

DJUCED_Jan 1552 messages Mac OSX 10.12, DJControl P32DJ
RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 28/02/2018 09h11
Hello, the crash log  zip file would help a lot. It's located into "Documents/DJUCED 40" folder. 
We can't send files on this forum, but we can share it for example with WeTransfer

Keep Calm, enjoy mixing and don't forget to register to our newsletter.

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 28/02/2018 15h24
Hi , Please see link below with multiple crash logs.   Notes: This is from the newer laptop which has better specs and we will be working to get this laptop to work properly.  The laptop has a docking station which I have tried it without docking station to see if I get different results (most crash logs should have something changed in the setup).  I like to try and make one change at a time so that I know if it made a difference.   Overall I did notice that the new laptop works much better (in that it does not crash or freeze as often often)  Strangely I have noticed on occasion what appears to be clipping or looping of the sound during some crashes.  Have tried with music from local drive as well as external drive, using the different USB ports.  I will try some other items to see if it makes a difference. 

Thanks in Advance, looking forward to being able to use if for more than 20-30 minutes without failure, will be optimistic here as it looks like you have been doing great support for others online

https://we.tl/YNxOp3QR9C

RE: RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 28/02/2018 17h29
Thanks I forward this to the team.

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 04/03/2018 02h25
OK,  tired a different sotware for mixing ..works without crashing, leads me to believe hardware is capable and working.   Has to be something in software or configuration.   The other software works on both laptops as well.   So thing to consider.

RE: RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 05/03/2018 15h04
Hello, we found several possible causes. We are now working on it and will release a version that fixes your issue as soon as possible.

Jan

RE: RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 05/03/2018 16h59
Hello again,
The issue seems to happen while searching for tracks
Can you try to reproduce crashes without searching for tracks and tell us if it happens with particular types of tracks?
Are you using automix? What exactly is your interaction with DJUCED when the crash occurs?

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 05/03/2018 20h36
I am not using auto mix.   Most song selection is done via a usb mouse however I ─Ćid use the selection wheel exclusively on the mixer and it also crashes.   I think there may be a few different things causing the crash..sometimes song do not load properly, in that it does not beat count or if it does it may not show the sync counts on the display bar.   If I see these symptoms  then when play is it, it crashes.   I will create a play list and try to run some auto mix to see if that works....Although that would be done to determine if we can rule out that auto mix can replicate problem.    I thought it might be specific songs that may be corrupt or damaged however when I restart the same songs will work ok.     

As for my interaction...not really using any samples or loops or effects.   Mainly using crossfade,  high pass filter and  low pass filter knobs.   This mixer is new to me so I am mainly playing with songs of similiar bpm to see how well it matches.    Each time I start up again I try to eliminate or make one change ...hoping I might be able to resolve the problem.    Not changing the pitch either.     Mixes are about 1 min apart,  again just trying to get used to the software and interface.    I can say so far it does not appear to be a specific event that is causing this fail, If I notice a specific event to cause problem I will advise.

I will try to load 2 track and go back and forth to see if I can replicate as requested

RE: RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 06/03/2018 15h47
Hello. Would you like to try a beta version the fix?
We can send you an exe (to replace the one into DJUCED installation folder).

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 06/03/2018 20h46
I would be willing to help and test a beta fix.    

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 07/03/2018 08h51
Hello, you can download it HERE.
Password: forums

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 07/03/2018 18h54
Downloaded file, renamed the original app file and replaced with the downloaded one.

Tried it and it crashes as well. 

Question on DJUCED 40, how well does it handle Flac files.  If one song is FLAC and other is MP3, if both formats are supported should not be an issue to mix and match.  I have been checking the files that were being played during the fail and so far they have all been FLAC (not sure if this is the cause, just noticed this). 

Some times the play icon is highlighted but it is not actually playing (before if I saw this it would crash almost immediate), now the Beta sometimes it did but most times messing with the que and play it could reset and work proper.

Beta version, saw Beat Grid not always working properly.
Is there a preference for testing purpose (ie should I use mouse and keyboard or Universal console)??

Let me know....thanks.

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 08/03/2018 08h29
Ok, thanks for the information.
Can you share the new crash log files with us?

Thanks,

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 08/03/2018 13h26
crash log using beta: https://we.tl/b5vMIpgz5I

RE: RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 08/03/2018 16h35
Hello, thanks for the the crash log.

Do you use high quality FLAC files stored on an external drive?
Because the crash we can see into the log could happen when the drive is not fast enough to provide data to DJUCED.

Jan

Victo 21 messages DJUCED Official Tester
RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 08/03/2018 16h35
It reminds me a crash I had with other dj softwares also : 

Are you using an external hard drive to store your music collection ?

If yes, I changed my external hard drive for a really good USB3 one (with very fast Reading speed) and I remove the USB "sleep mode on USB" to prevent this king of issue...

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 08/03/2018 18h35
I have tried with external USB3 hard drive as well as internal drive.  Results seem to be same in frequency of the problem.   
USB Sleep is disabled as well, WIFI off, Antivirus and Firewall off, No other apps running, ,,,, there was a document I found somewhere that listed a few different things to change or modify in regards to ideal system setup.

thanks

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 09/03/2018 15h58
Ok, Heading on vacation for a few days and will not monitor this until I return.  What is the requirements to define as high quality Flac file, what are we calling a fast hard drive.  I will take a look and see once I know what to look for.   Also if we think it is the drive then I could possibly try one that is faster if I can get my hands on it, if we think it is the quality of the flac files then I would have to convert the files and would not need a drive.  If possible I prefer to change one thing at a time to understand what fixed the problem otherwise we can end up with it working and still not improve the information for other people to benefit.   So if I can get a definition for high quality flac and fast drive I will investigate.    Thanks

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 19/03/2018 16h23
OK could not get on to your site for a few days, for some reason it did not load properly.   Just a recap.    I have tried 4 other dj software...none of them crash or glitch when used, even with antivirus and wifi on, and some apps running.   
    Really don't believe My hardware is a problem.   I did experiment a bit the other day with the released version not the beta provided  if I slow things down and delay loading next track, make sure the sync is off before loading, disable slip and snap feature it does not crash.   Will try this a few more times to see if it works consistently and then perhaps try to narrow down what exactly is causing the problem.   Seems to me a resource or something is not cleared, reset of free to use as expected and causing my problems.   Will keep you posted let me know if you want me to try something specific and please advise if you want it done on the released version or beta provided.   

RE: RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 20/03/2018 15h04
Hello,

Can you try the beta version. It fixes an issue with high quality FLAC files:
Password: forums

You should replace your executable into DJUCED installation folder by this one.

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 20/03/2018 20h15
I did try the Beta version previously.

This Version seems to be better.  I was able to find a song that always causes a problem.  Not sure if it is just a bad file or something that will help us so I will provide a link.

Using the beta version provided above it actually work when I loaded the song.   On the previous official version it would always crash when I try to load.  So on the beta when it loads it sometimes delays but does indeed work showing both beatmarkers properly.   I attempted to copy file to another location and loaded the same song on to the other deck to see what would happen and that would crash the system.  So we are getting closer and have made some progress.   I guess now if we can determine what about the file DJUCED is not liking we can get to the solution. 

https://we.tl/lfA2FnNxJQ

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 21/03/2018 04h43
Ok...using the beta version, here is what I did and it looks to be working.    I renamed the database file so it would be available as a backup, booted up the program and added all my files back to song library from my external drive.   Interesting testing with the file that previously would crash system if used on both decks,,,,,,we now have success.   I will have to find some time to do more testing tomorrow.   Initial result looks promising.    Keeping my fingers crossed as I do indeed  like DJUCED 40.

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 21/03/2018 08h48
Good,

We will also test more on our side and if this is OK we will release this update.

Jan

RE: Djuced 40 crashing with universal dj 23/03/2018 21h11
It has not crashed on me since rebuilding the database file and using the new version.  Great job and thanks.

Number of registered users: 43493
Welcome to our latest registered user: JAIME

DJUCED, DJ software.